Life has been busy, chaotic and good. We have not had much time for rest with changes at camp, and just a really busy calendar of events, birthdays (which are always so much fun!), homeschool conference, our anniversary, easter, appointments and now the girls are enrolled in swimming lessons for spring. . . . the list goes on and on :) It will be nice when we have a few days to ourselves at home, but there always seems to be a host of non-work related things to do here too, lol!! The weather has been so beautiful, it has been a joy to spend as much time outside as we have! The girls thoroughly enjoy playing in the outdoors especially riding their bikes! Inside things are coming along nicely, we've got the crib set up and are waiting for furniture that my dad is making for our baby's room. Speaking of our baby, just recently I let it slip to my family that our newest addition to our family is going to be a girl!!! And so now we are telling everyone we see (and meet!) that we are having a girl! Finding out happened kinda by accident, we went to the ultrasound appt and I told him that I did not want to know the gender (since I knew she was a boy anyways!) But if there were any serious health problems with the baby, then I wanted to know. I could tell he thought that was a bit weird, but agreed anyways. So as the appointment went along, I knew when he knew. He told me he got a clear look and was certain of what we are having. Already my curiosity was peaked, but since Trev and I decided not to find out, I was determined not to cave in. At the end of the appointment, Trev was allowed in and the tech was having a very hard time getting a certain angle of the heart. He told us that if it was not the heart he would not need to try and get it, but the heart, he said is really important to get the pictures. So we tried everything from rolling over, standing, going to the bathroom to get the baby to move, but to no avail! I could tell he was getting a little tired of trying and he said to me, "she won't turn over". Well I was done after that, he said "she" and my curiosity lost control. So I spent about 5 minutes trying to convince Trev we should know, lol!! In the end he saw no reason why we shouldn't. So we told the tech we'd like to know and he drew the symbol out for us to see. Trev and I knew the symbol meant something but in that moment, neither of us knew which one it was!!! The tech was hilariously dumbfounded at our ignorance and said, "it's a girl!!" I was so shocked because, in my mind, there was no way this baby could be a girl! It took me about half an hour to actually believe it and then at least two weeks till it sank in.
After finding out Trev and I decided to keep it a secret from our families because I had made no secret of my belief she was a boy and thought they'd be pleasantly surprised when she arrives. It worked for two months and then while chatting with my mom, sister and bro's girlfriend, I was talking about "the baby" and said "she". They wouldn't have known, except I completely broke down into tears instantly and so they knew then, lol!! I must say, it's much easier to talk about 'her', instead of mentally reminding myself all the time to say "the baby"!! So, yes we are having another girl and are very excited about it! The girls love talking about when their sister comes and how things will be (I just hope it's not too much of a shock). But they are so excited to be Big Sisters to another little sister!!
1 comment:
What a great surprise!
Post a Comment