Saturday, January 1, 2011

Recent Events

The warm weather turned into snow so quickly (which is fantastic) and a whole new realm of fun was opened up to us! Trev clears snow at camp and builds a nice big sliding hill in our front yard and the kids LOVE sliding down it and I love it because they are right close where I can see them :)

We've done some serious gt-ing behind the snowmobile which is definately a family favorite, although Natasha does prefer being on the snowmobile over the gt, but she'll gt for a bit as well.


Big news is CHLOE LOST HER FIRST TOOTH!! It's been wiggly since august, and took till after her birthday to get to the 'ready to come out' stage :) It got so wiggly she could bend it 90 degrees! I have to admit this milestone was one that I was so nervous about, just wondering about the unknown, would I have to pull it? What if I hurt her? What if she swallows it?. . . .and on and on and on, but in the end Trev pulled it with a quick yank, Chloe said it barely hurt and that was that! We put it in her tooth tin and told her the tooth fairy would come. Her reply to that was "I know the tooth fairy isn't real, I know it's you". So we may have to work a little harder to keep fairyland alive for her. It's so fun to make-believe. Anyways, here she is with her missing tooth.

Shiloh is rolling over from her back to her tummy all the time, then gets ticked off that she's on her tummy!
She doesn't like missing out on anything and loves to stand, so when April offered her excersaucer to us for the time being we jumped on that bandwagon, and despite having very little room in our house, it's been wonderful to have so Shiloh can stand and spin and play and see everything that's going on around her!
She also met her Great-Great-Grandma for the first time! It was very special there's 99 years difference between the two and for 99 my Oma is doing well. She remembers everything and loves her family and her Lord. We are so blessed to have her with us still!
We did have a bit of a rough time with Shiloh recently and anyone on facebook will remember my posts about it. But she developed an eye infection, her eye started getting really crusty, then swollen and red all around. The eyeball itself seemed fine, but all around and how goopy it was was brutal and we decided to take her in to Childrens to get it checked out (it was a sunday and the Dr's office was closed) We were unhurried, and figured it wasn't that big of a deal. The waiting room was just packed with coughing kids, kids with crazy fevers and quite a few kids with buckets puking their guts out! So I did NOT want to hang out around there for long. We had to wait to be registered and Trev and I contemplated leaving, but then they called our name and we went to be registered. The lady at the triage desk told us we'd be on the minor injuries side and that the wait would be a long while, then she looked at Shiloh again and told us that actually she'd put us on the main side. . .then after another moment of pause she told us she was going to put us in a room right away. That made me nervous because the sooner we go in, the bigger of a deal it is. The Dr took one look at her eyes and said he wanted to start IV antibiotics and I was shocked, but he said that with eye infections and fever, they need to counter it heavily with antibiotics so that it doesn't spread around to the back of her eye and cause permanent damage. So they put the iv in her arm and gave her her first dose and told us to come back the next day for another dose. They left the IV in her arm and wrapped it up good! That night her other eye got infected but overnight they improved significantly! We came back for two more days and on the second day of coming back (so her third day all together) they couldn't find her file for returning patients and put us on the minor injury side. When the Dr looked at her he said "I don't know why you are here, if she came to me today I wouldn't prescribe anything for you". I was a little annoyed but realised he hadn't met Shiloh on her worst day and didn't know what she looked like. But her eyes improved and she was fine!

Natasha is such a sweetheart, playing with Chloe and Shiloh all the time and the rest of the time, it seems, she loves to color and color and color some more!

We did some crafting for Christmas, Chloe made some felt cookies for Natasha for Christmas and I made a quiet book for Shiloh. It was time consuming but a lot of love went into the making of them!!

1 comment:

Natasha said...

I'm so glad the eye infection didn't spread!

Your quiet book looks amazing. I can't believe you went to that amount of work! Awesome!