I wasn't quite sure what to title this one and I'm not quite sure I have it right just yet. October 1st started out as usual, with breakfast at the Lodge and then getting started with homeschool. We are going thru a Kid's of Integrity "curriculum" from Focus on the Family. (it's also free!) And now the girls are also attending awana. We got the initial brochures and info on the first day of AWANA. One of the pamphlets talks about the only way to Heaven, so after our regular bible lesson, I went thru it praying that the girls might understand it even more. At the end of it there were some questions to the kids about whether they want to accept Christ and have Him live in their hearts. Chloe had already accepted Christ, but Goober wanted to, so we prayed all together (myself, Chloe and Natasha) and she told God she believes that Jesus came to save us and asked Him to live in her heart! I don't know a more glorious feeling!! What a privilage to be a part of this eternal and awesome choice!! My prayer for them is above all else, to know Christ personally, to always work on building a stronger relationship with Him and that God would overflow their lives with His love! Anyways, that moment will forever be treasured in my heart!!
Sunday, October 3, 2010
A Child's Heart
I wasn't quite sure what to title this one and I'm not quite sure I have it right just yet. October 1st started out as usual, with breakfast at the Lodge and then getting started with homeschool. We are going thru a Kid's of Integrity "curriculum" from Focus on the Family. (it's also free!) And now the girls are also attending awana. We got the initial brochures and info on the first day of AWANA. One of the pamphlets talks about the only way to Heaven, so after our regular bible lesson, I went thru it praying that the girls might understand it even more. At the end of it there were some questions to the kids about whether they want to accept Christ and have Him live in their hearts. Chloe had already accepted Christ, but Goober wanted to, so we prayed all together (myself, Chloe and Natasha) and she told God she believes that Jesus came to save us and asked Him to live in her heart! I don't know a more glorious feeling!! What a privilage to be a part of this eternal and awesome choice!! My prayer for them is above all else, to know Christ personally, to always work on building a stronger relationship with Him and that God would overflow their lives with His love! Anyways, that moment will forever be treasured in my heart!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment