Trev's been working every spare minute he has on the kids playhouse. We had decided we would only make it if we did not have to put much, if any money into it. It's amazing what you can do with no money (but a dump nearby!) He reclaimed all the wood for framing from the dump, along with the small window. We did buy roof sheeting and drip edge, but the shingles were donated from good friends (who happens to be a contractor) and today Trev found some nice vinyl siding for it as well, it's so great! Trev installed the door on it. It's very blue with blue door, which will be covered with siding and the door will be painted pink. At least that's what the girls chose :) The girls are so excited and I am too! All the kids out here will have a blast with it, I think!
We purchased a laminator recently, because with homeschooling, there's so much possibility with laminating. I was hesitant about it after we purchased it, thinking maybe it wasn't worth it, but I have used it a lot and it's been so handy!
Speaking of Homeschooling, we are going thru a study of the world, looking at 31 different countries around the world and have started a tradition of trying out ethnic foods of the places we spent the week on. So far it's been China and South Korea ~ very neat places! So we made some (slightly americanized) meals, and we've eaten them with chopsticks. Trev and I are able to work them somewhat properly, but man, it takes a long time to eat and we noisily and messily slurp up the noodles. The girls on the other hand just do what they can to get the food into their mouths and I think they do a better job than we did, haha!! Regardless, it's so fun! We are studying Japan this week, so we will be getting a lot of practice with chopsticks :)
I just have to throw this one in here. Natasha occasionally needs to catch up on sleep and will, very rarely these days, have an afternoon nap. Today was one of those days. She "tidied" up mine and Trev's room and then laid down for a good sleep, using her favorite puppy as her pillow.
We've also been having issues with raccoons at camp. We had one a couple weeks ago, the girls were so excited to have seen it. That one. . . .well, let's just say it won't be back. . . .ever. Now again this week we had another one. We have not had coons at camp for as long as I can remember, and hopefully they will realise this is no place to live, if they want to live. I must admit, they are pretty cute even if they are such a nuisance!
2 comments:
I'm enjoying reading your blog!
Oh my goodness! I kind of did that last comment as a test... I can finally leave comments on your blog! Now you'll know that I check it regularly and enjoy the updates.
Post a Comment