Then Vince and Kendra came for a day and it was just so nice to have a relaxing visit. And see baby Jackson again! Chloe is our little Mother and couldn't resist holding the little man for a bit :)
Then we got ready to go to Minneapolis. I was really nervous as how the drive would be handled by our three girls and amazingly we pulled through with no major meltdowns and activities left over that we didn't even try!! So I guess we were prepared well! I did do a lot of research and talking to other parents who have taken their kids on longer road trips. Their ideas are golden and we had so much fun! The thing I am most thankful for are audio books!! We had a bunch of great ones, but our girls only listened to the 'Little Women' book (at least twice!). I totally got into too. I think I was the only one who cried when Beth died, lol.
Here's a craft the girls had a blast with! I found the glasses at target along with the foam stickers and let them go wild decorating them!
We spent a night and a day on our own in Minneapolis before Ben and Kendra, Anika and Kaylia joined us. The girls had so much fun in the giant jetted tub that we filled with bubbles!
With the Duecks we spent a full day shopping (at IKEA! and the Mall of America) The girls found a lot of things to amuse themselves with, many seats to sit on and beds to lay down on. And this zebra picture I fell in love with and am contemplating having it in our living room.
We also spent one day at the amusement park at the Mall and also the Aquarium, both of which the kids LOVED!! Chloe went on almost everything and had a blast! Goober was a bit bummed out that she couldn't ride everything, but she LOVED the rides that she did go on!! Shiloh did really well too!
2 comments:
We loved hanging out for the day too. We'll have to do it again sometime soon.
What a fun trip!
Post a Comment