Then the first week of camp happened. It was very different for us this year, because this was the first year Chloe was a camper!! She was so excited she could hardly contain herself. I had also mentally prepared myself to not be involved and to give her space and let her come to us if she wanted. That was different, but I think I did a good job.
Here is Chloe on her way to the cabin
And Goober was so sad that Chloe was leaving and wanted to help her in any way she could, so she helped Chloe haul her luggage over to the cabin
We have done boating and tubing, especially when we've had friends out. Here's the girls tubing with some of their friends and Shiloh just loving the boat!
A bunch of friends hanging out at the beach, good times!
The kids love anything to do with the beach and water! Even Shiloh, although with her, I have to make sure she's not eating the sand, ugh!
We have had a few friends out visiting this summer. Vince and Kendra Hiebert came out for an afternoon. Vince and Trev went for a bike ride while Kendra and I visited with all the kids. Chloe just loves babies and was so happy to hold their adorable little man Jackson.
Chris and Karissa were out for a whole week. Chris was the speaker for the campers and we had so much fun with them all week. It was hard to see them go. We did all sorts of things together. Even reading books together. Goober knows the story well enough to ad lib the entire book and pretty much get the jist of the story right :)
And of course time at the beach and on the boats!
Our staff and summer camp shirts never seem to fit the kids at all, and so I came across this tutorial to upcycle t-shirts into super fun dresses. It's called a "Party in the Back" dress. After I made Goobers, Chloe wanted one, so I made one for her too! You can see why it's called the Party in the Back, eh?
Shiloh has conquered a few milestones, such as, standing alone, WALKING!!!, giving kisses and she has this super funny, goofy, scrunched up kind of smile that is too cute!
We have had a couple of city runs in there too, the girls are so good about being in the vehicle ALL DAY!! (literally)
Chloe learned to ski behind a fishing boat on the superski. First she started out on her tummy, then went on her knees then to standing!! She's so brave and we are so proud of her accomplishments!
Goober can be found coloring all the time. She loves to draw and create and share her pictures with anyone and everyone!
I am loving this long weekend!! It is so nice to have Trev home for more than 1 day and we are able to accomplish so much! For example, I have been wanting to make a box garden for a few years and only this year have we found time to make it happen, so Trev used John Deere to bulldoze and dig out some weedy bush beside the girls playhouse! I am so excited for building this thing!
Ah well, Shiloh's up from her nap and I think I've caught up on everything since then. Hope you enjoyed this! :)
2 comments:
I enjoyed reading it...and cant wait to put up the pics I captured of your beautiful girlas! :)
Thanks Jill! I can't wait to see the pics you took as well :)
Post a Comment