I had an interesting conversation with our 4 year old who was trying very hard to decide between telling the truth or a lie about something she did. She asked me "Will I get in trouble if I tell you the truth?". I answer honestly, and tell her yes, but if she lies she will get two consequences, one for her actions and one for lying. So she looks me in the eye and lies to me. When I call her on it, she promptly tells the truth but then immediately begs against the consequence. I feel a life lesson happening here. . . . .
2 comments:
So what did you do? I was a constant lier when I was young. My mom even made me a lie chart and gave me stickers on the days I didn't lie!
That's awesome Heather! We haven't done a chart yet, she's such a bad liar it's pretty obvious when she does so we just deal with it in the moment. :) But I will keep the chart thing in mind!
Post a Comment