Since spring I've had the expectation that I would keep up with the blog and post pics about our lives, teach homeschool this fall, keep on top of a preschooler, be the best wife to my husband and do it all with a smile. Well, life is a little tougher, top it off with a pregnancy (WOOHOO!! We are very excited about) add a heaping amount of grouchy Momma sydnrome, desperately needed afternoon naps (for me), a mysterious disappearance of patience to who knows where, I'm still looking. . . . .oh yes and sanity? What's that? But admidst these crazy days, my girls brighten each day with little moments like "you'll always be the best mommy ever" and "I lllove you mommy" and with a husband that works all day, cooks at least 1 meal, and does most of the housework these days, who am I to complain! Life is still good, God is Great and people are crazy!
So now that I have had a good dose of reality that my expectations of myself may be a little high, an update once in a while is ok and I just have to be the best me that I can be :)
On that note an update on our family, Yes we are growing!! We have a sweet little bundle due in June, just in time for a busy summer! I have been having a very different pregnancy than the last two. I have had some morning sickness, but nothing like the other two. I am just a tired grump. But praise God that my morning sickness is bearable :) Just between you and me, I think it's a boy ;)
Chloe is a learning machine. I'm learning to teach and she's learning faster than I know how to teach. She can read three letter words tell you the sounds of each letter and in some cases two or three sounds for specific ones!! she's not content with a vague answer and wants to know the hows, whys and what fors with everything! I love watching her learn. There's not a whole lot of stress with kindergarten, next year we will have a curriculum to follow, but this year is just deliberately adding learning into our everyday play and work. Math can be introduced into almost any situation. She writes out a short verse everyday. We pick a new one each week, I tell ya, it's a great way to memorize bible verses! We've also discovered whe's an expert fisherwoman! Any time she goes fishing, she puts her line in the water and almost right away catches a fish :)She's also outgrown her bike this summer and can't wait to buy her her first real mountain bike come spring!!
Natasha has gone from being my baby. . . . .no more cuddling and crying to me for sympathy with everything that doesn't go her way. No, she's pulled out a very strong and independant personality and is testing boundries pretty hardcore. She is a little firecracker but sweet as honey too. Her cute little smile can melt my heart anytime. She's finding this useful in discipline scenarios! She is still a small-ish girl and can almost reach the pedals on her trike for a full revolution around. She gets about halfway and if there's not any momentum to help her along she gets stuck. So different from Chloe who at two was crusing around on the trike with leg to spare! Natasha still falls asleep at one meal almost every day. She doesn't like being left behind and has some leadership qualities. She will haul Emma around by holding her hand and telling her what to do. It's very cute :) And Emma goes along for the most part.
Life out at camp is great! It's so beautiful and quiet and safe. Although we did have a coyote hanging around for about a week. We haven't seen him in over a week though, so that's good! There are pretty much no groups right now. 2 more before year end, so lots of projects are getting finished. And with Christmas coming, we are pretty booked. But it's a good busy, I love seeing family and friends so much and spending time together! Ah yes, life is good, and without a doubt God is awesome! So that's about it for now, all my energy is sapped, but here's a couple pics of our family recently for you to see!
No comments:
Post a Comment