Wednesday, July 7, 2010

We have just finished a week of summer staff camp and today the first group of campers arrive!! Wow, time flies!! This last week is like a blur. Trev had a crew of some serious hard workers to help out with building concrete forms, mixing and pouring concrete, then carefully removing forms, some drainage excavating (to prevent foundation problems for the future), and backfilling, levelling and laying bricks. . . Phew!!! What a job! They worked so very hard, and I didn't get a picture of them working! I do have a finished product picture and you can see how truly wonderful it is!

Trev's mom came out for a few days to help out while Trev was so busy and I appreciated it sooo much!! I got a little extra sleep and a little extra time with just Shiloh without feeling guilty about not being with the other two. Grama took them to the beach and even went in the water with them! and they REALLY just loved having Grama all to themselves, lol! Now they keep asking when we are going to the farm! Soon, I hope, really soon!! Thank you Mom for coming!! The extra sleep was wonderful!!

Right now, life seems to have a very predictable pattern. Shiloh eats, then I try to keep her awake for a few minutes and she sleeps. I could end up staying inside at home all day every day, but I think that would not go over well with Chloe and Natasha, or myself for that matter. So we are working at getting her used to sleeping in a variety of different places. Such as; vehicles - so long as it's not close to food time and that her diaper is dry, it works fairly well. The beach - we had two more trying times and the third time, she slept thru the whole experience!! Yay! At the moment, those are the important ones :) It's a work in progress. She sleeps best in her crib, but what really matters is that she sleeps well at night and that is not a problem! Here she is at the beach!


The girls are loving being at the beach, riding the boogey boards and paddling with nets for catching water critters! They enjoy everything about the beach, the sand, the water and all the people! They dunk their faces, Chloe jumps off the shallow dock, summer staffers play with them. Here's Mark pulling Chloe snd a couple others on the boogey boards, Goober is super good at catching leeches and minnows and carries them around in her hands, lol!! Two years ago, I wasn't sure Natasha would ever like the water, and now we can't keep her out! She has a summer staffer, Jenelle, that plays with her, and the other kids, and spends so much time with her and they have such a blast together! Oooh! and my excitement is running very high bcause we found a bathing suit for Chloe!! It fits absolutely everywhere and looks great!






She is getting more used to her baths, so long as I keep a cloth on her warm from the water. She does not like to be cold. I don't blame her, I don't like being cold either. I finally have pictures of the three girls together!


We were at my parents house while Trev ran his many errands in the city, and the girls got to play in the pool with Jo, Karly, Kenzie and Jo's school friend Andrea. Karly and Kenzie are girls that my mom has taken care of since they were 6 months old (they are all 10 or turning 10 soon) and every summer since they started school full time. When we first arrived, the four of them were just dying to hold Shiloh, so they set up an assembly line on the couch and each one of them had a turn holding her! It was pretty funny :) I was busy with Natasha at the time, but I hope to get those pictures from my mom soon! It is so nice to have somewhere to go with the girls (especially since Shiloh needs to eat and sleep so often) and relax while Trev runs his many errands. Now that it's summer it's great that my parents have a pool!! Chloe discovered how to use a snorkle and goggles at my moms and she swam around with her face plastered in the water. She did dunk the whole thing under once or twice, but she learned and was a pro at it in no time! Goober kept insisting she could swim by herself, so I had to make sure she had her life jacket on before she went near the pool. Only once did she almost make it in. Thankfully I saw her before she was all the way down the steps. I'm not sure that she can touch the bottom, but until Trev or I are in there with her, I'm not taking any chances. But it does reaffirm the need for her to be in swimming, so she'll know what to do and be able to do it! But really, she is still 3 and apparently 3 year olds think they are invincible!





It was nice, we had my Grama, Uncle and two cousins over for a bit of a birthday dinner. Trev and my two cousins all have july birthdays, we had a yummy and delicious and uber expensive DQ Ice Cream Cake.

No comments: