Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Little Girl is Growing Up

For a few months, Chloe has been talking about doing the Red Rock Cyclathon. To be honest, I felt a little skepticism, she's still so young. . . . but she really wanted to do it!! So we decided to let our little bird jump out of the nest and try to fly. And she flew. We told her what the cyclathon was all about and she knew she was raising money to help kids come to camp and was stoked about that! Trev and Chloe planned to do the half cyclathon.
Goober didn't want to be left out and wanted to go, so Trev decided to pull her in our chariot. She was loaded down with a blanket, pillow, tag books, toys and a water bottle all cozied up in the chariot. Here they are leaving the lunch stop (their starting point)

Goober all decked out in the chariot :)

The first stop was the town of Elma, which was a little over 15kms past the starting point. Chloe still going strong!!

My heart nearly burst with joy at her success! She made it the whole way, and nothing beats the ginormous smile on her face at what she accomplished! Not only did she ride 52kms, but because of how much she raised, (a HUGE THANK YOU to all who sponsored her!) she is able to put money towards her cousin coming to camp for a week!! And get a gift cert as well. It was a beautiful day, my little girl is growing up!



As parents I believe our job is to plant our kids roots, but allow them to use the wings God gave them. My heart burst with joy at watching her fly and disbelief that this girl has come so far since the first day we met. But as the Robert Munsch book "Love you Forever" says;
'I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
my baby you'll be'. . . . . and so she will be

1 comment:

Jillian Tree said...

Terra-Lee!! I totally missed the fact that your blog doesnt have a password now! I'm happy now that its easier to see it. I kept having to ask for a visitors pass from you..but I even tried creating the google account and adding your blog months ago, and couldn't figure it out :(
I'm so proud of Chloe too..and glad David & I sponsored her!! :) All the pictures of the girls..they've grown so much, I can't wait to see them again! Give Chloe & Natasha a hug from me, please! :) We are hopefully planning on visiting camp July 9th!!